The 2015 MSEAA Conference: "Taking Maritime Training to the Future"
The 2015 Conference was held in Nelson on Wednesday, 12 and Thursday, 13 August 2015. Once again, the annual MSEAA Conference was a positive gathering of many in the maritime sector.
Conference topics, updates and proceedings included:
- Tertiary providers—NMIT/IMINZ
- A Government agency—Maritime NZ
- An Industry Training Organisation—Competenz
- A Crown Research Institute—Plant & Food Research
- Te Ohu Kaimoana
- The maritime & marine sector
- A Mike Little Scholarship award to IMINZ student Lee Davis
The conference event included:
- Two days of informative presentations, industry updates, sector networking, communication, food, beverage and collegial conversation
- An excellent site visit to the SpatNZ mussel breeding hatchery
- An interactive experience in the IMINZ Full Mission Engineering Simulator and the Bridge Simulator
- A delicious evening dinner & a positive Mike Little Scholarship auction at Nelson's historic Melrose House
It is planned to have the 2016 Conference in August 2016 in Tauranga to be hosted by the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic. Contact Dan Forsman for early registration enquiries, fee enquiries, sponsorship opportunities, and a call for papers.
Photos from the 2015 Conference